To Our Potential New Member:
Thank you for your interest in The Market Gallery. For your information, these are the major requirements of a member at The Market Gallery. This is information you may want to know prior to applying for membership.
1. We are an artist's cooperative with a group of 24-26 members with dues currently at $70 monthly. Dues can vary slightly each year.
2. Interested artists must apply for membership to the Membership Committee. The forms can be gotten online at our website.
3. New members are juried in through the Membership Committee; an initiation fee of $150 is required for all new members when accepted for membership in the Market Gallery.
4. All New Members are expected to sign a contract committing them to remain an active member for at least one full.
5. Once you are accepted, you will be required to fulfill the standard responsibility of working one day a month at the gallery at the sales desk (or two half days a month which can be your choice).
*There are varied duties associated with working the shifts (as specified in the daily log book) that are crucial for the smooth operation of the Gallery.
6. Our primary goal is to engage visitors to help encourage sales of all the exhibited artwork. We expect members to promote equally the works by all of its members as part of the ongoing success of the Market Gallery.
7. Members are expected to serve in some capacity on a committee or in some special role as part of the Market Gallery.
8. An important expectation is that you take part in receptions, meetings and other Gallery events.
9. All artwork at The Market Gallery must be original artwork. There are certain expectations for the appropriate framing of your art works and its presentation on the walls of the gallery. The look of the works throughout the gallery is a reflection on all of us, and the quality of the Market Gallery.
lf you have further questions stop by and speak with one of our artists working at the Gallery.
Fill out application and send to:
Ann Glover firstname.lastname@example.org
The Market Gallery, 23 E. Salem Ave. SE, Roanoke, VA. 24011 - Phone: 540 342 1177